On a cold, winter day, Aimee, her team and I met up to do an incredible branding photo session for her new website at the Salt & Sundry Sunroom in Washington DC. She’s also recently gotten her logo updated and it is amazing!
When I started planning this session with Aimee, it started like any other brand strategy call – finding out more about Aimee and her business. I never just show up on the day of a session and start taking photos! We do a lot of prep work so I know what stories we need told for this business. I ask lots of questions, listen even more, and then start writing a plan for how to visually portray her business.
Stories we told for A. Griffin Events
We came up with several different stories to tell for Aimee, including 1) Aimee the planner, 2) Aimee the designer & 3) Team brand photos. As we continued planning before the session I knew it would be amazing (Aimee’s creativity is 2nd to none!). The care and detail that went into this session I’m sure is only a small part of what goes into a wedding day for her couples.
Here are a few things we were incorporating into this personal branding session:
1) Aimee runs a client-centered company with a passion for service and kindness
2) She has amazing clients who need a company with high standards, attention to detail, and the ability to plan a personalized wedding that will be an incredible celebration of their family and friends.
3) Cool, calm, cheerful and kind are four words we wanted to come across in these photos.
4) This is a designer with great taste and a passion for what she does!
5) Her team also exudes the same values that Aimee brings to her business
Hair and makeup for the session by Makeup by Ana B
These are hand painted by LH Calligraphy just for this session – see what I mean by amazing details?!?!?!
Linens by Nuage Designs
Rentals by Something Vintage Rentals
These gorgeous florals are by Darling and Daughters Floral